Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm still here

Due to popular demand, a.k.a. Mom said I had to, I am again posting.
I have reached the start of the hump of this semester. I am beginning to get a little overwhelmed by school, received my first "F" test grade (17 out of 35 in Greek), and started to not care that much about school. It happens every semester and it just means that the end of the semester will be here before I know it.
In happier news, last weekend was fun. I brought up three friends (Brianna, Sarah, and Esther) for the football game. They all came to yell with me and Esther went to the game with me while Brianna and Sarah "sat" with Andrew. After the game my grandparents took the whole group to an Italian restaurant. After my grandparents went to the hotel the rest of us went to Brianna's aunt and uncle's house where we talked, made smores, watched "Iron Man", and then talked some more. I think I got to bed around 0230. All in all it was very enjoyable and nice to spend time with people much more like myself than here at A&M.
It is strange, for someone so ready to leave home and do my own thing, I find myself more attached to home, and the people and places there, than I ever have been before.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, thank you, thank you! You didn't tell me about your test, though. Keep on the struggle.

Unknown said...

Your last comment - so true. I do remember those days in college - even though I loved being there. Now you're starting to think about what's going to happen next. There is much peace and safety at home...I've been there with you. Lately, that's the only place I want to be. Praying for you...