Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Army Lab

Today I had the wonderful privilege of teaching a squad of ms I's and II's (read freshman and sophmores) the squad attack. The squad attack is one of the basic battle drills we learn to be able to do almost as a formula which are the basis for our squad sticks at LDAC. Squad sticks is where you as a squad leaders leads your squad in a short (less than 2 hours) missions and are one of the more important parts of your evaluation. While the squad attack is terribly complicated, there are a lot of good teaching opportunities involved. It really felt like my squad was getting a pretty good handle on how to execute the drill and better yet, I was able use many of the teaching opportunities to give them tools they can use in many other drills. I hope that I did good enough to get a an "e" on my evaluation. (E stands for excellent, the highest possible rating)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You've come a way from your earlier attempts at leadership, it sounds.

Ross Fearing said...

Well thank you. I must give most of the credit to Cpt Mac and Sgt Chandler for putting up with my lack of confidence and the steep learning curve I had to go through.

Petr said...

Napster's great. :)