Thursday, February 21, 2008

The music to which I listen

Music is an important part of my life. At any given moment I am usually either listening to it, or it is playing itself back inside my head. The band that had managed to make it to the top of my list right now is Relient K. Relient K plays music in a style similar to blink 182 and is on those bands that, while all the members are Christians and they look at life from a clearly Christian perspective, stay away from the CCM label. I didn't begin to start liking Relient K until my second year in college, probably because I needed to grow up some to appreciate much of what they sing about. One of their most common themes is the emotional ups and downs in life (being guys a lot of them are about girls-who woulda' guessed?) and how many times, even when we strive to live our lives doing the right thing, it still seems like we are messing up stupid things and getting just about everyone mad at us. I have to say it is a welcome dose of reality compared to much of what I see in CCM, even some of the groups I like.

No comments: