Saturday, February 9, 2008

Post 1

Sorry about the wait. I guess its been over a month. I am taking this free weekend to relax a bit, write a post, and catch up on some homework. The morning I went to the women's basketball game and watched us BTHO tu. It was very good bull. As you all know, Mitt Romney has withdrawn from the Republican primary, leaving John McCain, Mike Huckabee, and Ron Paul left. If you listen to the media, you will be tempted to believe that this race is already over and that the Republican party is going to nominate McCain. But one must remember that there are still over 900 delegates to be assigned, and with Romney no longer steeling votes from Huckabee, this race is still far from over. Well I still support Huckabee and hope for his eventual nomination. He is the only candidate who's ideas and passing excite me and matches what I would want to see in the president. And look at McCain; besides being historically weak on so many important conservative issues, McCain will be very hard to elect because much on the conservative vote will refuse to vote for him. I remain hopeful that we will not be subjected to a McCain vs Clinton race and will do my utmost to prevent such an occurrence.
To be honest, the outlook does look difficult, and in light of this situation my mother was wondering what I would do in the event of a McCain vs. Clinton, of even Obama presedential race. This race would leave me in quite a quandry. On the one hand, there is no way I will vote for either Clinton of Obama. But what about McCain? To be honest, I don't know. He would be good for the Army and the war on terror, but there are many domestic issues on which I don't trust or agree with his stated platform. That decision is one I hope to not make, but if I must, it will be sometime later when all the other options are clear.

4 comments:

e said...

It's strange to be separated from all the hubbub by being so far away--yet astonishing to me to see how important these events are to the rest of the world. People here take a keen interest in American politics. Last night after our Bible study one of the boys who does Law was asking me how the electoral college works, and trying to figure out on the American map hung in our room which states have left to run primaries.

In the midst of all this, it seems to me that the best thing we can do is keep praying.

Lisa said...

Amen and amen to previous comment. We continue to pray that God doesn't give us what we deserve as a nation. But we do know that God is sovereign over all things - even government.

Petr said...

Tortally.

Petr said...

Did you hear that "ol' Billy" is speaking at SFA today?