Monday, February 25, 2008

Greek

I got my Greek exam back today. I made a 76, which isn't bad for me-engineer taking language-but I really thought I was going to make a B on that exam. This week our prof introduced principle parts of the verbs. The principle parts of a verb are the first person singular conjugation of the present, future, imperfect, perfect, pluperfect, and aorist tenses of that given verb. Surprisingly enough this is one of the few things we have learned in the past month that really makes sense to me. I think I understand it because the parts change one section at a time, so that I can see a clear progression in forms from the present through to the aorist. On a completely different not, three exams till spring break!

3 comments:

e said...

Greek to put some variety in there? I'm thinking of taking it when I get back to Tulsa. I think I may get to use the same textbook that you're using, where there are lots of funny little stories to translate.

Lisa said...

You are brave to post your test scores. Hope the rest of the tests go better than you expect.

Unknown said...

The aorist tense is my favorite. Keep up the good work - hope you'll be home next weekend..

Aunt Susan